CURRENT OPERATIONS AS OF MARCH 27
To our Valued Customer and Community,
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, local counties have enacted “stay at home” mandates for the welfare and safety of residents. This requires that all citizens not engaged in essential activities to remain at home. We fully respect these actions and will continue to honor these orders as they are issued. The safety and wellbeing of our team members, customers, and community is our number one priority.
As part of the Construction Industry, we can continue providing many of the core services that fall into the essential service categories. Though the state-ordered shutdowns have paused some furniture shipments, we are continuing daily onsite services for many essential businesses and life-sustaining organizations throughout the Triangle, Triad, and beyond.
We recognize the severity of COVID-19 and are taking all necessary steps to ensure the safety and health of our team members, particularly our field staff, to minimize the risk of spreading this virus. Most of our employees continue to work from home where possible in support of our clients and partners. Our installer and operations teams working onsite are following all CDC guidelines and social distancing mandates. We have implemented new policies and protocols to keep our team members, customers, and business healthy and safe.
For projects currently in process, we will continue to communicate as we work together through this crisis. Rest assured that we are doing our very best to handle this situation while remaining in compliance with our core values and the orders issued by local government entities. See Critical updates below for order disruption information.
1. We are continuously monitoring all information from the CDC and sharing updates as needed.
2. We are requiring all Field Based Team Members to complete a COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire. Team Members who display symptoms will not be permitted to visit customer locations. This would include those who have recently been sick with cough, fever, or shortness of breath in the past 14 days, and with other flu symptoms in the last 48 hours. Team Members exhibiting symptoms are required to stay home and seek treatment if needed.
3. Non-essential visitors will be denied access to Storr offices until the Virus is under control. Only team members, customers and invited quests will be allowed access to our space. Customers and invited quests will be required to sign a declaration of health before entering building. Guest that have traveled to level 2 or 3 countries in the last 14 days, exhibiting symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19, or have known exposure to someone with COVID-19 are not allowed to visit our offices at this time.
4. Project Managers and schedulers will inquire about the health status of customers before sending installers to the job site. Special arrangements will be made if customer health concerns exist.
5. Project Managers will ensure that installation or service sites have taken all necessary precautions to minimize the risk of coronavirus exposure.
6. All internal meetings will be evaluated for need. Large meetings of 10 or more will be cancelled. Only essential meetings will be held.
7. Air travel for business purposes is prohibited. Any existing travel scheduled for future business needs, will require the approval of the Vice President of Human Resources.
8. Air travel outside North Carolina for personal reasons must be disclosed to your Human Resources. Travel to a country identified by the CDC as a Level 2 or 3, must be shared with Human Resources. Team Members must stay away from Storr facilities for 14 days after returning to the United States from a Level 2 or 3 country. Please also advise Human Resources if you have a family member or someone living with you that has traveled to a Level 2 or 3 country. Human Resources will determine next steps.
9. Cleaning protocols have been enhanced. Disinfecting kits are being placed throughout the office for team members to use as needed for their workspaces including shared spaces. Disinfecting kits are being made available to our operations team members to wipe down tools, trucks interiors, etc. Twice daily we will disinfect shared workspaces, doorknobs, railings, light switches, etc. We have asked employees not to shake hands with other people.
If you need Storr’s assistance, please contact your Account Manager, or any of the leaders listed below.
• Becca Hand | Chief Operating Officer c.214.240.0652
• Scott Bosman | General Manager c.919.291.3406
• Rob Moore | Director of Operations c.919.210.4506
• Anna DeShazier | VP Facility Services c.919.272.4110
CRITICAL UPDATE REGARDING STEELCASE OPERATIONS MARCH 24
The Storr Office leadership team has been in contact with Steelcase working through details of this current pandemic situation and what this means for our clients.
Here’s what we know.
The Governor of Michigan put a “shelter in place” order on the state, and as such, Steelcase Grand Rapids operation is now closed to all non-essential business* as of March 24.
(*Read more on what is considered an essential business by the State of Michigan)
All product scheduled for production in the next 30 days will be placed on hold.
Project Managers will contact you to coordinate deliveries for both complete or partial orders in our warehouse.
Orders placed on Tuesday, March 24, and after will be registered but put on hold until further notice. We do not have access to an estimated production date at this time.
VERY IMPORTANT: When production resumes, orders will be prioritized in the sequence in which they were received.
It is essential to continue to place orders so projects do not face further delays due to production backup.
EXEMPT “ESSENTIAL” CLIENTS:
Any client who provides healthcare and other life-sustaining services, as well as any client who is critical in resolving this pandemic crisis, is considered essential and may be exempt. More information to follow on this topic.
If you match the criteria outlined above for an essential business, we must receive your exempt letters as soon as possible in order to proceed. Please communicate with your Storr sales rep.
Please note, because of the disruption of this COVID-19-related government edict, Steelcase is mandating a 65% deposit from our clients on these “essential” orders to move forward.
TO BE CLEAR: THE ONLY ORDERS DEEMED ESSENTIAL ARE THOSE FOR HEALTHCARE-RELATED BUSINESSES.
FOR NON-STEELCASE ORDERS:
The Storr warehouse is open and fully functioning. We also continue to be operational in terms of Project Management, Sales, and Sales support.
To avoid storage charges for projects that have been put on hold, please notify your Storr sales rep as soon as possible if you are able to and prefer to accept partial deliveries for non-Steelcase product that arrives into our warehouse.
Since many client sites will be closed for delivery during this uncertain period, and in an effort to help our clients in any way we can, we are offering our clients the ability to store both furniture and other product (if needed) including construction materials, office supplies, etc. Please reach out to your Storr sales rep to discuss your storage needs.
Storr is the area’s largest Steelcase dealer; however, we also support a long list of 200+ other manufacturers, many of whom are fully operational. We receive daily updates on the operations of our manufacturer partners, and we can help you investigate what options may be available to you. We have a large quantity of rental, preowned, and refurbished products on hand and available for quick delivery. Please contact your sales rep to discuss your short term needs and how we can help.
We’ve been ramping up our cleaning services so your employees can return to a clean and safe working environment. Learn more here.
We’re also offering PreOwned work from home specials to ensure your workforce is ergonomic and comfortable in their homes. We are even offering discounted home delivery during this difficult time. See our specials.
Steelcase financing is available for qualified product orders. Low interest rates are available to enhance your cash flow. Ask your sales rep for more details.
We remain fully committed to supporting our client-base as well as design partners during this unprecedented time we are facing. Most importantly, we want you to know we are here for you, and we are in this together.
DAY to DAY MARCH 17
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your organization. We are continuing to monitor the unique situation with COVID-19, and we are using CDC and State agencies for our guidelines. Our response efforts are being adjusted as necessary as the situation evolves, but these are the actions we are taking now:
1. Storr has implemented a work from home protocol for all positions where it is possible. However, Sales, Design, and Project Management can still visit your company or host you here at Storr, as you request, to complete work. See our safety protocols below.
2. Storr Project Managers and schedulers are inquiring about the health status of customers before sending installers to the job site. Special arrangements will be made if customer health concerns exist.
3. Our delivery and installation teams are continuing their normal schedules. We have required all of our field staff to complete our COVID-19 health screening questionnaire to try to ensure that they are not a potential health risk to our Team Members and customers. See below for additional safety protocols.
To maintain the health and safety of our Team Members and Customers, we have implemented the following procedures:
1. Non-essential visitors cannot visit Storr offices until the virus is under control. Only team members, customers, and invited guests are currently allowed access to our space. Customers and invited guests are required to sign a declaration of health screening before entering our building.
2. All team members who have experienced any symptoms of any sickness are required to stay home and cannot return to work without approval from our Human Resource team.
3. All team members are required to communicate if they have had any contact with someone who has been identified as having COVID-19 or have had contact with someone who has recently returned from a Level 2 or 3 country.
4. We have provided our field staff with disinfecting kits to wipe down tools, truck interiors, products, etc. and cleaning protocols have been enhanced within our facility.
5. We have directed team members to avoid contact with others and maintain distances of 6’ or more where possible and avoid handshakes.
Thank you for your continued trust in Storr. If you have any concerns or any recommendations on additional ways we can better serve you, please let us know. We want to be as proactive as possible with regard to this unprecedented situation.